Share/Bookmark

why so blue? \06.08\

No comment yet
My cousin graduated from high school this year and she obliged me to put my creative streak to work and make her a gift.  I hatched the idea months ago, at first believing that I had plenty of time to act on it.  About a month ago, I started seeking supplies without much luck.  Now her graduation party is two weeks away, my supply stash is still scant, and I've already scoured most of the places that I can think of to find what I need.  Now I'm finally admitting to myself that it may be time to come up with a Plan B.

As I thought about this situation more (a.k.a. overanalyzed), it dawned on me that it's a side effect of a recurring trait.  Single-minded focus.  When I make a decision on what I like or want to do, it's almost like I've set it in stone; my path is decided.  It's not quite the same as being closed-minded, I just forget that I'm allowed to exercise more than one idea at a time.  My frustration over figuring out my future makes more sense when I view it in this light.  Instead of keeping myself on a pretty straight and narrow path of choices (the usual), a whole spectrum is open.  And there is such a variable array of new options that pique my interest.  I keep thinking that I have to pick one and surge forth, committing myself to it.  Old habits die hard, but I'll continue chopping away at it.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER