Share/Bookmark

colorcopia \06.17\

No comment yet
It wasn't until my grandparents retired that I gave serious consideration to exactly what that meant.  They were excommunicating full-time employment from their lives.  The thing that accounted for most of the waking hours in their week would become a non-entity.  How were they possibly going to fill their time?

Now I get it.  When a job disappears, there seem to be a slew of other activities waiting in the wings to stop up the gaps.  I just caught myself thinking, "I have a lot going on this week, it's going to fly by."  Then I had to stop and see the humor in that.

Part of my agenda consists of paid projects, there is a healthy list of personal projects to tackle before Friday morning, there are people to see and a happy birthday call to make; all of this before getting back in my car on Friday for a return trip to the mitten state.

Here's my challenge.  In the midst of all these projects and rendezvous, I need to try to stay on task with the new-ish habits I'm trying to ingrain - working out, Spanish and Codecademy.  I'll consider this a dry run of the prioritizing that I'll need to put in place when I do return to the full-time work world.  When that day comes, I will be strictly enforcing a "no personal priorities left behind" rule.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER