Share/Bookmark

wood framed \05.02\

No comment yet
As I walked back from the lakeshore today, I noticed that the gate to the Caldwell Lily Pond was finally open.  Although the vegetation is still in its infancy, that sense of zen still exists.  Somehow urbanity fades away once you walk through that gate.

In other topics related to state of mind, I had a conversation with my Dad the other day about El Camino de Santiago, a pilgrimage route across northern Spain.  It's something that I've been familiar with for years, thanks to my infatuation with Paulo Coelho's books, but my Dad only became acquainted upon watching a movie recently.  I've casually thought that it would be an extraordinary mental and physical journey, traversing 750km on foot, especially since it's in Spain.  Apparently that movie piqued my Dad's interest too, and he asserts that he'll do the journey with me.  One thing everyone should know is that planting a seed related to international travel is not safe with me, unless you intend to follow through; I've already started initial research on this trip.  Seeing as my parents international experience spans only as far as Canada (which doesn't count when you grow up in Michigan), this would be quite the intense foray into world travel for him, although a commendable starting point.  But me, I'm ready to leave tomorrow.  Since that won't happen, I'll settle for buying Coelho's book detailing his pilgrimage on the Camino.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER