Share/Bookmark

blooming baked goods \06.24\

No comment yet
Tomorrow marks the first day of a required cringe-worthy expense during my non-employment phase.  Thus far I've watched my finances carefully, sticking within and even under my allotted monthly budget.  Renewing my license plates was a bit irksome, especially since Illinois decided to jack up the prices some more.  I've been dragging my feet on renewing my car's city sticker.  Justifying that $85 is so difficult when I spent all of last year with the sticker sitting my glovebox instead of adhered to my windshield.

And it is only fitting that tomorrow's expense also revolves around my automobile.  New brakes.  Let's hope the tally stops at $150.  In all fairness to the Grand Prix, after six years together this is only the second replacement that was needed (tires were last summer).  Car ownership is expensive.  Add in the monthly insurance payments, which are higher due to the mere fact that I reside in a high-risk city, and the gas prices...I start to have heart palpitations.  Somehow, I can't quite conceive of life without my car though.

So, I'll work through the pain of swiping my credit card.  I'll be thankful that new brakes mean I'm safer on the road.  And I'll remind myself that at least I'm accruing travel points on my credit card for that purchase.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER