Share/Bookmark

a peek of pond \06.25\

No comment yet
After $418 in brakes, a full day waiting around for the shop to finish, and $50 in gas (truly insult to injury), I wasn't in the mood for quality time with the highway.  So it's one more night in the casa de mis padres, and a glass of Spanish red wine for good measure.

There's nothing like a large and unexpected expense to rev up your motivation to find full-time work again.  Conversely, there's nothing like searching for the job you don't know that you want to leave you confused and no further advanced.  That's how I spent today's waiting hours, blindly searching and groping for answers and direction.

I wish that jobs were searchable by the company culture you're looking for.  From there, I think I'd be better able to scan the various job titles and decide what I'd like to pursue.  Today I read a blog post that mentioned a woman who used social media to find a new job.  Here's the twist: she didn't advertise herself as seeking a job, but rather as hiring a new boss.  Maybe I'm relying to heavily on the odds that standard channels of job searching will provide results.  Non-traditional means and outside the box tactics could provide better results, especially taking into consideration my preference for that non-traditional mentality.  Of course, I probably have to figure out at least an industry or two to focus on first.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER