Share/Bookmark

lookout post \06.10\

No comment yet
A recent conversation brought up a latent item on my to-do list: volunteering.  I have long wanted to get involved with an organization or cause and make a meaningful difference.  There were brief spasms of motivation, passive internet browsing for opportunities.  At the end of the day, I always tended to lean on my job as a crutch.  Weekdays were a time crunch.  On weekends I was "exhausted" and wanted the time to relax.  Loads of excuses, no action.

With this in the forefront of my mind, I decided to spend fifty minutes of my day watching Undercover Millionaire, a show that I was vaguely aware of.  Let's get something straight: I'm far from a millionaire and am not capable of emulating that whole writing big checks part of the show.  What really stuck with me was their tactic for finding organizations in whichever town they set foot in.  Hit the pavement and walk into any place that looks like a non-profit or has a sign loudly yelling, "NEED VOLUNTEERS!"  Yet another instance where I've let my overthinking turn into lack of action. Sure, there may be some things that my skill set is better suited to or an organization that really hits home for me.  Honestly, though, no matter who I help...I'm helping.  And isn't that the point?

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER