Share/Bookmark

shining violet \06.11\

No comment yet
My dad has a Facebook account that I know he peruses, but rarely posts updates.  We could say he exercises the quality over quantity tenet.  Today he posted a link to the video embedded below, an English teacher delivering a high school commencement speech.  I think he's been toiling inside of my head for the past six months.  Either that or he already knew all of the things that I've just discovered.  Where were speeches like this when I was setting out into the world?  I, for one, would've appreciated the bold-faced truth to roll around in my mind.  So, the video is nearly thirteen minutes, but I found it a worthy use of my time.  If you'd rather forego, that's your call.  I'll at least leave you with this quote from the 8:55 mark:

"I urge you to do, whatever you do, for no other reason than you love it and believe in its importance. [...] Resist the easy comforts of complacency, the specious glitter of materialism, the narcotic paralysis of self-satisfaction."

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER