Share/Bookmark

rooftop sky view \06.28\

No comment yet
I'm so hot right now that I'm thinking about packing up and moving to northern Canada.  Tonight.  And, yet, I find myself hyperaware of how grateful I am for the air conditioning in my car and my apartment.  There's an extension of the gratitude when I consider that even though I don't have a job, I can still afford to have that car and that apartment.

The initial catalyst for this unconventional journey was to recalibrate and find the life direction that I really wanted.  By life direction, I know that I meant job.  Looking back on the past six months, and taking into consideration that I still don't really have an answer on the job front, I know that it has been more about personal development.

I've always been inside my own head, sometimes to a detrimental extent.  Nearly everything that drifts into my mind is analyzed, correlated and cataloged.  Somehow I let myself believe that this meant I knew myself, that I understood my world.  It amazes me to see how much there is to learn about myself, though.  I've discovered things that I'm far too sensitive about, things that I haven't been nearly appreciative enough about, and things that I've been unnecessarily clinging to.

It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind, in our patterns, without turning a discerning eye on why we're doing the things we do or if we're on the right track.  Don't get me wrong, this has not been the easiest six months of my life.  I wouldn't call it a joyride by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact, some days it's an uphill battle.  But like any experience in life, I know that this stage is giving me necessary experience to reach the next one.  Sometimes I just get a little anxious for the next stage to arrive.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER