Share/Bookmark

great escape \06.30\

No comment yet
So, it's the last day of June.  As blogging goals go, that makes me 50% completed.  (If you want to get technical about it, I'm not quite halfway since there are 182 days in the first six months and 184 days in the next six.)  In some ways, it's unbelievable how quickly half of a year has slipped by.  And some days I'm astounded that I have actually stuck to this goal.  Then I remember how stubborn I can be.

On the flip side, it's also intimidating to think that I have to do this for six more months.  Finding motivation to take photos every day can be challenging; keeping my eyes open for inspiration adds another layer of effort.  Then there's the writing.  Most days, I have little to no idea what I'm going to say until my fingers hit the keys.  It's difficult to fathom that I have 366 days worth of relevant things to say, especially when I allow myself to remember that people are reading this.  No pressure.

Thinking long-term seems taunting and intimidating, and sometimes downright illogical.  So much can change in a week, a day, an instant.  I have always had an issue with that standard job interview question about where you see yourself in five or ten years.  Would I have foreseen the current juncture of my life five years ago?  Not a chance, not even close.  In more ways that blogging, I think I've been focusing too much on that distant long-term future.  Putting pressure on myself to make all of the right decisions now, so that I end up exactly where I want to be somewhere down the road.

It's silly to believe that I have such precise aim.  Instead I need to draw it back in, take life one day at a time.  Put things out in the universe, see which ones stick, and learn from those that don't.  It seems so logical in theory.  Just like blogging though, I'll need to keep myself in check when those long-term thoughts start to rule or motivation flags.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER