Share/Bookmark

artful meandering \06.20\

No comment yet
The way that some girls like to walk through a clothing store and run their hands over a silk dress or a leather handbag, or how some guys walk through a car lot tracing the curves of a luxury automobile, I like to walk through art supply stores. Paint brushes and canvases practically beg for a swish of my hand. My eyes are alert and hungry as I pass through every aisle; it doesn't matter that I have no idea how to etch or sculpt, I still want to look. Without self-restraint, I could spend a small fortune.

This has always been my relationship with art supplies. As much as I love perusing, creative daydreaming, and bringing those daydreams to fruition, I don't think it's a passion that I want to turn into a monetary enterprise. This kind of creativity is highly personal to me. It's a thoughtful process and usually a rather effortful one. I love to create for myself and for people I love, people that I know well enough to use their personalities as creative inspiration. When I was five or ten years old, my mom was hanging my artwork on the refrigerator or at her desk. Never would I have thought that at the age of 28, she would still be hanging my art on her walls and I would still be delivering handmade birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day cards every year.

So, I don't want to make a career out of my art passion in a direct way (i.e. selling art). Maybe what I should be taking from this little reverie is that I could excel at something that channels my creative urges in some other way. Even without formal education in graphic or web design, there have to be job choices infused with creative needs.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER