Share/Bookmark

fountain of bliss \06.03\

No comment yet
For a moment in time, or rather three minutes, I was back in Playa Sámara today.  Standard practice on a beautiful day tends to include a park bench, book and iPod.  Today I was pleasantly surprised to find that the fountain in my favorite park space was actively flowing again, after being out of commission for over a year.  Settling in on the closest bench, I sometimes felt a light mist carried over on the breeze.  Then, at some point, Jack Johnson's voice cut into my focus on the words in my book.  He was lamenting Sitting, Waiting, Wishing and I, in turn, drifted into a reverie.

Next to the little piece of beach that I claimed during my three week stay was Gusto Beach.  The bar menu may have been outside of my budget, but I enjoyed their tunes all day long for free.  Every morning around 11:00am they cycled through a mix that included a Jack Johnson block.  The chill vibe of his music correlated with my state of mind.

So, in that moment on the bench this morning, with the sun shining down on my face, all I had to do was close my eyes.  Images of my daily beach life flashed so vividly behind my eyes; it seemed as though I was just there yesterday.  The trifecta of palm trees that served as my sun protection.  The Tico's Surf School hut with the guys' hammocks strung between the beams.  The exhausted novice surfers precariously balancing boards on their heads.  The dogs without leashes and sometimes seemingly without owners.  If I didn't listen too closely, even the sound of the fountain was slightly reminiscent of the Pacific waves.

But the song ended.  I opened my eyes and saw Chicago.  And I was content with that, because the day and the setting were still beautiful in their own way.  Honestly, it was just nice to transport myself back to such an amazing point in time - and then to think about how I can take steps toward the making next memory for that mental catalog.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER