Share/Bookmark

long time, no see \06.01\

No comment yet
Once upon a time I worked in a building downtown...in a cubicle.  Since I walked away from it four and a half months ago, I have not laid eyes on said building.  Until today.  No, I did not go inside.  I did, however, casually pass a former co-worker in the crosswalk.  We exchanged hellos while he looked at me with a mix of familiarity and confusion.  Similarly to my other occasional trips to the Loop, it felt like an old acquaintance seen through new eyes.  Something that was once a part of my everyday is now relegated to such a minor role.

The itch to buy a dSLR camera has picked its way back to the forefront of my mind.  I'm blaming it on all of the Canons we ran into during the jaunt in Traverse City last weekend.  I'm pragmatic enough to realize that it would be foolish to drop a load of cash on a camera without gainful employment.  There is a small freelance cash flow in my life, as well as a couple part-time opportunities that have piqued my interest this week...still not enough to greenlight a brand new dSLR set up.  Key words in that sentence: brand new.

Since I'll be starting from square one anyways, what harm is there in a beginner like me purchasing a "pre-owned" camera body?  People are trading up camera bodies on a regular basis, and they lose value much like a car does.  Once I've mastered the learning curve and returned to a stage of gainful employment, I can join the trade-up crowd, too.  Until then, I think I've struck a nice compromise with myself.  Don't worry, Google is there to teach me what to look for when shopping for a "pre-owned" camera.  It may not be a bad idea to find an experienced user to give me some input.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER