Share/Bookmark

ivy league \06.13\

No comment yet
Back in 1980-something, at a ripe young age between four and six, I formed a habit.  One night a week, I stayed up past my bed time and watched a TV show that was completely over my head.  Dallas.  Why my parents let me do this, I still don't know.  Besides getting to stay up late, I can still remember inexplicable joy in the ritual of watching something that I was completely incapable of grasping.

I knew the characters' names, I could vaguely summarize a dramatic scene, but my crowning achievement was memorizing the tune of the theme song.  And every week, about five or ten minutes before show time, I would bound into whatever room my parents were occupying and regale them with my rendition of the song...on my plastic Fisher Price kazoo.

Starting tonight, TNT is reintroducing Dallas to the TV-viewing public.  I have my DVR set for two reasons: nostalgia compels me (even though I no longer have the aforementioned kazoo to usher the show in each week) and my favorite childhood babysitter's younger brother has a role in the show. So, tonight history repeats itself in a way.  We'll see if I'm a Dallas fan or if I should just go back to fondly remembering the kazoo days.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER