Share/Bookmark

morning coffee \06.16\

No comment yet
My dad left the police force somewhere around 1997, but this piece of memorabilia lives on in my parents house.  Much like the ash gray t-shirt I still wear that bears the same logo.

Since my parents no longer live in my childhood home, or even the same city, coming home has become a juxtaposition of familiar and new.  For the most part, the material items representing my childhood and adolescence have either migrated to my own home or been purged.  My mom has a similar love for photography, but the type focused around people.  Those reminders of years past hang everywhere in my parents' home, sometimes eliciting a smile and a fond memory, other times a shake of the head and amazement that anyone would wear that outfit.

There are certain creations and art projects that my mom couldn't bear to part with, and they still have a place of honor near her desk.  For some reason, my prom dresses still hang in a basement closet.  I'm sure if I dug through a couple of boxes in storage, I might unearth some other "treasures".  For now, I'll passively sit on the couch and sip from my Novi Police coffee mug, absorbing the morning sun.  I wish it came with a donut, too.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER