Share/Bookmark

rioja state of mind \08.07\

No comment yet
This week is already turning out to be a lesson in perspective.  The present moment may not meet the definition of perfect or ideal, but instead of focusing on the frustrations I'm trying to train myself to realize what I already possess that is of true importance...and then take the time to appreciate and enjoy them.

If people mean the world to me, they should know that and I should be making an effort to spend time with them.  If something makes me happy, I should figure out a way to ensure it's a part of my life.  If the perfect path does not yet exist, I should find the nearest detour and keep moving forward.

For most people, life is an exercise in trade-offs (actually, probably for all people).  As a perfectionist, there's a good chance that I've long tried to convince myself that I could find the holy grail of perfect existence if I just tried hard enough.  But I'm 28 years old and I should be living life and learning, not holding back and waiting on perfection.

So thanks to thirteen tastings of Rioja wine and an evening spent in great company, I'm making a public statement of gratefulness for the amazing things that exist now and dedication to pursuing anything that I know makes me happy; it doesn't matter if I have utopia figured out just yet.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER