Share/Bookmark

lake chops \08.09\

No comment yet
As if my travel list of "must go" destinations isn't long enough, and my current means just aren't enough, I let myself do things like follow travel-related Twitter accounts and click on travel sections within blogs.  Today those two actions alone have left my heart with anticipatory palpitations over the prospect of going on a South African safari, feeling insignificant in the powerful presence of IguazĂș Falls, and camping at the base of yet another waterfall in Iceland.

Maybe I dream big about my future travels as a distraction from spending so much time in the same 550 square feet or the same three-mile radius.  It's no secret that I've enjoyed my sabbatical, but I'm beyond ready to return to an occupied life (which, consequently, can reinstate the means for feeding my wanderlust).

There's a promise that I have made to myself, but now I'm going to put it in writing.  It increases the odds that someone will hold me accountable for following through, just in case I start to over-think instead of act.  As soon as I secure regular income again, it's time to invest in a dSLR.  I want to transition myself from phone-tographer to photographer.


Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER