Share/Bookmark

escape route \08.18\

No comment yet
The hints of the cooler climes ahead have begun.  With that, in the midwest, wafts in the ambiance of college football.  There are certain days when I walk outside and can practically smell it in the air; regardless of what city street I'm walking down, my mind is transported to Saturday walks to Spartan Stadium down Shaw Lane.

This feeling hits me every year in the weeks preceding the season opener and in those years I've always had the feeling that I'm not the only one.

Chicago is a melting pot of relocated alumni; clearly a large chunk of the ratio leans toward the Big Ten, but there are myriad universities represented.  As September looms and the weather starts to turn, there's a noticeable uptick in university apparel.

Everyone seems to be representing their school more prominently when football season is on the horizon.  It just gets me even more revved up.

Last year was the first season since I enrolled at MSU that I didn't make it to a football game.  Truly unacceptable.  The plan is to make it to at least one game this season, the only problem being a significant hike in ticket prices thanks to Coach Dantonio's success with the program.


Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER