Share/Bookmark

sweet celebration \08.29\

No comment yet
In what could possibly be the quickest hiring process ever, I came out with the long end of the stick.


August 17: Initial phone conversation
August 20: Lunch in Chicago
August 27: Interviews in New York
August 28: Offer extended
September 4: Start date


Translation: I'm hired!  This is one of the many life outcomes that could've only been possible because of the lessons I've been accruing the past eight months.

Seriously, does it get more efficient and decisive?  Just my style.  No one likes waiting around and wondering "what if?".  I treated myself to overpriced fro-yo to celebrate.

In addition to that uplifting good news, I spent the evening in a small business discussion group.  There are always ideas and side projects swimming around in my head, and I thought it may be interesting or inspiring to listen to other people's.

Great experience, hands down.  Honestly, I didn't expect to throw any of my ideas into the ring, mainly because none of them are particularly formed.  There was a moment where the discussion leader singled me out, and I could've passed, but I decided to just blurt out my nebulous vision for the 'break it down' blog.

The enthusiasm and ideas that started bouncing around amazed me.  And I managed to walk away with a re-imagined, and more viable, version of my initial brainchild.  Maybe that's why I couldn't summon the motivation to work on it before; it already felt like a dead end.  So, let's see if this concept makeover reinvigorates my drive.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER