Share/Bookmark

garden variety \08.19\

No comment yet
In the past eight months, I have spent a lot of time thinking and nearly as much time tracking down and following blogs that echo my mental wavelength.

In one of the posts that I read today, the writer first illustrates a baby's journey to its first steps, followed by a reminder of the plight it took for the baby to get to that stage.  Crawling, falling, dragging him or herself back up to try again.  The crux of the post is that we essentially spend our lives in this same cycle, only the steps and falls are less literal.

I know there were college days when I assumed that my life would be on a skillfully chosen path to bliss soon after walking away with a diploma in my hand.  At the age of 28, I still feel perplexed by my portions of my life on a regular basis.  While that used to frustrate me, I'm now learning to accept it and appreciate the journey.

By taking the time to look back on so many years and events in my life, I'm able to hone in on the value that each of them has created.  The path may not be a straight and even line, but as long as I'm growing and learning then everything is going exactly as it should.

There's a relatively well-used phrase referring your "formative years" being well behind you, commonly used in referring to adolescence, but more specifically denoting your journey to maturity.  In that case, I'm not sure that my formative years will ever fully be behind me.  I intend to continue learning, trying, doing, crawling, falling and walking for as long as I have the power to do so.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER