Share/Bookmark

going solo \08.02\

No comment yet
I decided to incentivize for myself this morning.  While I needed to exercise, I wanted to see The Dark Knight Rises.  Solution: 3.5 mile bike ride brought me to the theater, roughly 2.5 hours spent at the movie, rounded out with a 3.5 mile return trip.

And did you know that there is such a thing as $6 movie tickets in Chicago?  Just manage to get yourself to AMC River East for a pre-noon show.  It sort of makes you feel like you won the lottery.  Obviously it's not the most popular show time; I shared the theater with ten other moviegoers maximum.

This was my first solo movie theater experience, but it ended up being pretty small scale in comparison to leaving the country alone for a month.  Actually, it didn't feel much different than watching a movie alone on my own couch, except the screen was much bigger.  I wasn't even cognizant of the people around me.  If you've never done a typical joint or group activity on your own, I recommend trying it - even if it's just to realize that it's not as intimidating as you may build it up to be.

On an abstractly similar note, I took one of those psychological type assessments today (supposedly based on typology by Jung & Briggs Myers).  I can't help myself, I'm a sucker for assessments.  Imagine my lack of surprise when my four predominant psychological types were introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER