Share/Bookmark

night rider \08.01\

No comment yet
In my spare, I have become a bit of a blog hunter.  Some of them offer me tutorials for things like recipes and crafty stuff, others help me direct and consider life decisions, many simply show me that there are other people battling with the same concerns and vying for the same hopes as I am.

A lot of these blogs are one time visits for me, a handful hold my attention across multiple posts, but a select few grab my attention to the point that I start reading the archives like a novel.

Today I found myself wading through archives and I know I'll go back for more.  One of the posts that caught me was about an activity that she called "worry cards".  The short back story: she was have a meltdown and decided to wrap her arms around all of the stressors in her head.

Each worry was written on a card, then they were sorted into overarching categories.  Each category was further pared down into things that couldn't be controlled, those that could, and things that were already done and over but still causing anxiety.

First, she addressed each worry that was out of her control, writing on the back of the cards what she wished the desired outcome of each to be.  Since they're out of her control, there is no action to take, only acknowledgment.  Next, she looked at the done and over pile, relegating them to the proper status of no longer relevant with a single sentence on the back of each card.  Accept and move on.

Finally, there are those worries that can be attacked.  How do they become less daunting?  Simply by focusing on the first step that can be taken toward resolution.  Write it on the back.  Then put them in an order of attack, a ready-made task list to being worry free.

Although I can't say that I'm in meltdown mode right now, my over-analytical mind is constantly stewing on multiple things.  It's such a logical way to bring clarity and structure to a mind running astray.  The applications for an exercise like this can be useful across personal or professional instances.

If you want to check out the originator of this concept and her post, it's on the Make Under My Life blog.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER