Share/Bookmark

loop rush hour \08.21\

No comment yet
Disappointment is a tricky state of mind.  You have to be careful not to let it leach into other facets of your life or to taint the progression of the arena where it occurs.  As difficult as it is to view disappointment objectively, it seems to be the best approach for curtailing the possible negative aftermath.

When a situation doesn't live up to expectations, a palpable sense of disappointment can reveal how much it mattered to you.  By asking myself not only if I'm disappointed, but why, I learn a lot about the direction and intensity of my feelings.

As soon as I've let myself experience and assess disappointment, though, I attempt to move past it.  Wallowing won't make it better.  So I assume that it either occurred to create a path for something better or I merely accept that it happened and shift my focus to next steps.

Maybe it's a coping mechanism.  Perhaps it's the reason that people tend to bestow upon me the "grace under pressure" moniker.  I suppose I would rather just recognize and address my disappointment than let it own me.  Despite all of this, I still feel it, sometimes rather acutely.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER