Share/Bookmark

monarch-y \08.24\

No comment yet
I spent three weeks at Playa Sámara, Costa Rica and in those weeks I was constantly on the lookout for an opportunity to capture a photo with a butterfly.  I'm not sure why, it just became a mission, but to no avail.  By the time I spotted one and prepared my camera, the fickle creature had fluttered away.

As I laid out my towel in the garden where I often read (a routine activity in a standard spot), I noticed two monarchs paying heavy attention to a flowering tree.  Initially I thought, "What's the use?  I never get my camera up in time."  But I started going through the motions anyways and managed to capture four shots before they spread their wings and took off.

My mind started working overtime on bridging these occurrences to create a life metaphor, not the first I've come up with.  Ready for it?

Sometimes we stretch and strain ourselves seeking something so specific that it manages to become elusive.  Maybe we chase it or become obsessively focused on it.  But there's an odd tendency for the things that we've been seeking to show up in the standard rhythm of our life.  When you let the obsession lie dormant and focus on a bigger picture, you often end up pleasantly surprised.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER