Share/Bookmark

loop lights \08.16\

No comment yet
For three years, my visits to the Loop were five days a week (not accounting for holidays and vacations, of course).  After January 13th of this year, it has been about five times total.  Every time I step off a bus and into the bustle, the environment feels concurrently familiar and disorienting.  It's definitely a long way from the baby stroller subset that flourishes in weekday neighborhood atmosphere.

I've definitely reached a point where the hustle and bustle is beckoning to me again.  The imbalance that led me away has been studied and broken down from every angle.  New parameters have been mentally drawn to ensure my work/life balance remains intact.  I always vocalized my desire to work for a company that believed in the balance, without realizing that it's a two-way street.  I also have to commit to maintaining that balance.

Stepping away to recalibrate wasn't always easy, but I've never had any doubt that it was the best move.  What I've spent eight months learning could've plagued me for years or even decades.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER