Share/Bookmark

passing through nyc \08.28\

No comment yet
Barely 24 hours of my life passed by in New York City.  When taking into consideration the whirlwind timeline of the trip, the mental tornado of interviewing, and the pace of the city flowing around me - I don't entirely believe that I was even there.  I must have made it up.

It amazes me how different NYC feels from Chicago, even on our most bustling streets.  Granted, my radius of experience in NYC doesn't flow very far outside of Midtown, but everything feels more narrow, crowded and harried.  

Yet, I'm not necessarily uncomfortable there.  However, I am not quite as aggressive in my crosswalking as those New Yorkers.  I don't think they believe in standing on the sidewalk.

Everyone's first question after an interview is, "How did it go?"  And you never really know the answer to that question until you're offered the job or rejected.  This time around, here's what I did know upon walking out the door.

I was honestly enthusiastic about the opportunity and I feel like it naturally injected my conversations with life.

There wasn't a single area where I couldn't find a parallel between my skills and their requirements.  

I was able to relate to everyone that I talked to on a personal level, which made the conversations enjoyable and reassured me that this is a company culture that I could seamlessly feel at home in.  

Finally, all of hours that I spent there felt like conversations instead of interrogations - a measure that I always considered when I was on the other side of the interview table.

Now I'm watching the hours pass, hoping to hear from someone.  Hoping to hear good news from someone.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER