Share/Bookmark

spartan nation \08.12\

No comment yet
I know that I'm not the only person who tuned into the Olympics closing ceremony in anticipation of the Spice Girls' reunion performance.  There's a good chance that other people also flashed back to the choreographed scene from She's All That, with Usher as the DJ, when Fatboy Slim appeared in a giant octopus at the Olympic Stadium.

I've always been so intrigued with the way music attaches itself to memories and life stages.  In an instant, my mood can deviate based on four minutes of recorded sounds.

Without fail, probably for the rest of my life, the sounds of NSYNC will revive a feeling of simple innocence.  "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" has my days of serving tables at Lone Star written all over it.  Mariah Carey's "Emotions" reminds me of the constant battle for jukebox dominance that my brothers and I carried out in my grandparents' basement.

I'm also consistently amazed at the sheer quantity of song lyrics that are catalogued away in my brain. It seems that I could be storing more pertinent information than start to finish lyrics for a Savage Garden song from 1997.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER