Share/Bookmark

u.s.a. \07.31\

No comment yet
American flags seem fitting today, watching the U.S. women's gymnastics team win gold and Mr. Phelps setting his all-time winningest record.  I'll admit that I got chills watching the U.S. women stick their vaults cold.  Unfortunately tape delay and social media led to a leaked result before I could watch it with my own eyes.  That dampened the anticipation significantly.

I was happy for the giddy teenage girls and felt a natural flow of patriotism, but I can't say it measured up to the Magnificent 7 in Atlanta.  Granted, I was heavily invested in each of those gymnasts' careers and the sport in general at that point.  But the drama was also so much more intense until the last minute.

It was amusing to hear the ladies interviewed about their earliest Olympic memories, which don't go back any earlier than 2004.  This is the first Olympics where I've repeatedly realized just how old I'm getting.  There are fifteen year olds winning gold medals; I need to step up my life accomplishments.  Although, according to the campaign that Nike is running, greatness is in all of us - not just reserved for a cadre of elite athletes.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER