Share/Bookmark

spanish chicago \07.17\

No comment yet
My 200th post, cue the virtual confetti. The number seems nominal and huge at the same time. Quite a bit of time and thought has gone into those 200 posts. Sometimes I start worrying about how I'll possibly have content or a photo at least nine hours before I sit down to post them. A labor of love.

Interestingly enough, I was reading an article today about writing.  It happened to be from the mind of Stephen King, who happens to have a little experience with writing.  He referred to the immensity of new ideas stemming from opening new doors.  When you feel like there's nothing left to say and nowhere else to go, it's because you're not opening doors.

I've mentioned before that it can feel like a struggle to come up with inspiration.  As recently as yesterday, I referred to my restlessness in this current routine.  Today, with the assistance of Stephen King and the blogger that posted the excerpts, I tied those two thoughts together.  I don't struggle for ideas because they've all been used, but rather because I've let the well of my mind run dry.

It's up to me to change routine and discover the novelty and inspiration.  Reading.  Seeing.  Doing.  As long as it's something different.  You can leave a rut only to end up in another routine that becomes a rut.  That's not where I want to be, in my blog or in my life.  So, I'm opening doors and taking a peek.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER