Share/Bookmark

crack of dawn \07.28\

No comment yet
Well, actually I was walking up to hydration station number three about fifteen minutes before the sun even managed to creep over the horizon.  As painful as a 4:30am wake-up call is to my body's equilibrium, there's something awe-inspiring about sunrise and early morning - seeing the world wake up, seeing the city before it wakes up.  I actually recommend a little jaunt down Lake Shore Drive at sunrise if you can manage to find the motivation.

So dawn found me mixing and pouring Gatorade, and the following three hours were spent handing them to runners representing their various Big Ten schools.  Clearly I was representing for the green and white, cheering on Spartan runners.  But I was benevolent enough to provide Gatorade to thirsty Wolverines, Buckeyes and Badgers (among others).

I can't help but be revved up for the start of football season.  It's like you put that many alum in one place, throw a fight song on the speakers, and you can't help getting infected by school spirit.  I didn't know a single person there, but we all smiled and yelled "GO GREEN!" at one another with the utmost familiarity.  Yes, part of me chose a college based on academics, but a decent portion of my decision was based on selecting a "pseudo-family" that I was excited to be a member of for life.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER