Share/Bookmark

shades of blue(berry) \07.23\

No comment yet
What kind of daughter would I be if I was in Michigan, fifteen minutes from my parents' home, and failed to visit?  It helped that we got into town from the cottage at 10:00pm and it would've taken me three more hours to drive back to Chicago.  Odds were low that I could've stayed awake at the wheel long enough to make it to Chicago.

And what kind of parents would send their daughter off with an empty stomach and hands?  Not mine.  Dad always has the coffee pot prepped for when I wake up: coffee canister on the counter, spoon beside it, filter in the machine.  A slice of pizza and a frozen yogurt at Costco before I hit the road may not be gourmet, but suits me fine.  And Mom threw in some last second gifts of produce, including some of these glorious Michigan blueberries plucked at the peak of sweetness.

They had a few to spare, seeing as they invested in 60 lbs.  You just can't find these beauties in Chicago grocery stores.

Oh, and do you know what else Costco sells?  A Nikon D5100 dSLR camera kit for $899.  It took immense willpower to walk out with only pizza and frozen yogurt.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER