Share/Bookmark

sailing away \07.11\

No comment yet
At some point during this afternoon, I hit upon a topic that I wanted to write about.  Instead of making a note, I felt assured that I would remember.  But, of course, I haven't the slightest idea now that I'm sitting here.  So, here we go, off the cuff.

Sometimes life gets crazy or circumstances change.  When you find yourself in a different place than those who have been playing a major role in your life, it can become disconcerting to feel a growing distance.  Despite distance, those that matter and truly care will rise to the top.  Maybe the frequency of time together will change, but the connection will remain.

In my life, I've had a tendency to befriend people with independent spirits.  Many of the people that I consider my close friends have spread far and wide across the country, and many of them have never met one another.  It can take effort to maintain connections with people that you rarely see.  But when you reconnect and there's that easy feeling of never having missed a beat, there's no doubt that you'll continue finding ways to create a presence in one another's lives.

So far this has been a week of reconnecting and/or making plans with these long-distance friends, and I'm just reminded of how thankful I am to have these great individuals in my life.  And how worthwhile it is to put in the effort.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER