Share/Bookmark

when lightning strikes \07.15\

No comment yet
It's official, a weekend that I generally avoid even being within city limits is likely to become a reality of overpopulated proportions.  The Chicago Air & Water Show, which my parents would like to attend.  They find a thrill in watching the Blue Angels and the Chicago show has the perk of being free.  Although I know about the crowds by local rumor, that's the end of my knowledge base.

So I've started digging around.  Dates: August 18-19.  Time: No clue.  Central viewing point: North Avenue Beach.  Where I won't be viewing from: North Avenue Beach.  From what I can tell, there's still pretty decent views of the show from as far north as Diversey Harbor.  I don't want to give away my secret plan or anything, but I'm thinking that maybe (a big maybe) we'll have a chance to retain some breathing room if we park ourselves under the trees at Fullerton.

Shade and a lack of overcrowding sounds too good to be true.  I still have a month to try to discover a better option.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER