Share/Bookmark

twilight in the park \07.26\

No comment yet
Once upon a time, back in the beginning of this journey/experiment of mine, I set a "yes" rule.  The act of saying yes to whatever opportunities and situations presented themselves was supposed to aid me in making discoveries and decisions.  Although I've followed through, I'm realizing that there's a major flaw in my logic.

Much like anything in life, you're likely to miss out on the majority of possibilities if you're waiting for them to come to you.  So, it's great to be open-minded and jump on any train that passes by, but my realm of discovery will remain limited.  If I really want to open up the floodgates of possibility, it requires being proactive.

The new rule requires me to go after things with gusto, even if I'm not 100% sure that I want them.  How often is something going to be a point of no return?  How much harm is it to go full throttle and adjust when I realize it's the wrong direction?  In my opinion, the point of no return in this context is rare.  And the risk of harm is no higher than it was in the career 180 that I pulled in January.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER