Share/Bookmark

chiming in \07.22\

No comment yet
This is more of a "work" than "play" weekend in cottage land (although there's never a deficit of entertainment), including the successful execution of a bridal shower.  Officially starting off my participation in the 2012 wedding season.  

As everyone else around me gets married and starts to have kids, and I'm nowhere near such a stage, I'm storing things in the back of my mind.  I don't mean colors, venues, centerpieces and bakeries.  It's more like I'm storing mental images of the frazzle, exhaustion and drama that can ensue.

I make it no secret that I'm not a center of attention, all eyes on me type of girl.  Quite frankly, I can't envision myself in the midst of any of these festivities.  But should I find myself in the center of a bridal or baby universe, I have retained a lot of knowledge about situations and triggers that unnecessarily complicate matters and make tensions run high.

I love to support the parties, ceremonies and celebrations that make my friends and family happy.  I just think it's important to remember that the focus is supposed to be on happiness.  Anything that causes negative side effects isn't worth the energy or the possibility of ruining what should be joyous and celebratory.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER