Share/Bookmark

glimmer on the water \07.30\

No comment yet
There is no doubt in my mind that I am an introvert by nature.  In my various perusings this summer, I've been coming across a fair amount of writing on this topic.  There tends to be an emphasis on extroverted traits in the United States, making them a sort of golden standard - especially in job-related situations.

I have no qualms with admitting that there are many extroverted traits that make sense for success in business, and life for that matter.  In fact, I've often pushed myself outside of my comfort zone to encompass them.  What caught me slightly off-guard is the lack of importance attributed to certain introverted traits that result in excellence.  Mostly because I've undervalued many of them in myself.

So, while I'll continue making the effort to be well-rounded and hone some level of extroversion, I'm on a mission to dig deeper into those individuals devoting energy to uncovering the positive contributions of introverts.  The better I understand this innate tendency, the better I can rock its advantages.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER