Share/Bookmark

industrial geometry \07.29\

No comment yet
After several rounds of literature from the best of all time lists, my mind needed a cool down lap.  I found some fictional light reading; I might even go as far as calling it chick lit.  Not a standard in my reading practices.  To make things even more unusual, one of the main characters had my name...and somehow her life path looked eerily similar to mine in several ways.

I get the feeling that this author based her characters on the lives of people that she knew, a group of imperfect people living through maladjusted situations.  There were no perfectly happy endings.  So, as chick lit goes, I appreciated that.

I've actually always been a sucker for movie endings that leave you hanging and wondering, allowing you to imagine the course of life.  People always found it strange when I applauded an ending that was tied up in a neat little bow of happiness.  That's rarely how real life works.  Aspects can be happy, but the whole picture is rarely perfect.

My life isn't perfect at this exact moment in time, and I know that the next big decision I make won't lead me down a magical path to perfection either.  The goal is to take small steps that, in and of themselves, lead to happiness in the present.  It's easy to get obsessed with a picture of the future and an image of perfection.  But the future is made up of the decisions we make in the present and perfection is unattainable.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER