Share/Bookmark

gated entry \04.04\

No comment yet
Another day, another photo filter app.  This time is the eponymous Instagram...for Android.  Although so many non-iPhone users were anxiously awaiting the ability to join the club, I was ambivalent (to being part of the "cool" crowd) with a tinge of curious (thanks to a slight tech-geek streak).  My consensus: their filters are polished and superior to several other apps I've used.  On the flip side, you can't fine tune exposure and EVERY photo has to be cropped to square.  Sometimes I just want a rectangular photo.  Actually, most times.

On a completely unrelated note, my brother sent me an article about a website called Fiverr.  The premise is interesting and has my wheels turning. "What would you be willing to do for $5?"  You can create a profile and post anything you'd be willing to say, do, create, perform, etc. - just ensure that you're content with a $5 payout.  From there, it's a marketplace like any other.  There are some pretty standard services offered, like proofreading a paper or recording a birthday message in a celebrity soundalike voice.  And then there's the not so common, such as sending a jpg image of a custom-made blackmail note.  Yeah, you know the kind, the magazine letters glued to paper type of stalker note.  Although I could clearly post up some helpful writing or marketing skills, I'm actually trying to brainstorm a quirkier set of skills.  If no one responds, it's no loss to me.  Otherwise, maybe I could be putting a few Lincolns in my pocket.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER