Share/Bookmark

play ball \04.25\

No comment yet
 I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a Cubs fan, nor am I a Cardinals fan.  I am, however, a sports fan.  Perhaps more importantly, I am a fan of situations that present me with an all-you-can-eat opportunity.  That is where a Cubs rooftop comes in handy.  It is obvious to me now, after experiencing my fourth rooftop establishment, that they are not all created equal.  Despite the cold rain precluding the game, we got in a whole nine innings.  Some highlights of the game included a pulled pork BBQ sandwich, Bavarian soft pretzel bites, a Chicago-style hot dog, chocolate chocolate chip cookies and Rice Krispies treats.  Oh, David Freese had a nice homerun in the sixth inning, too.

In March I decided to allow myself one entertainment splurge per month during my unemployment (it helps fend off complete submission to stir craziness).  I would say that this gluttonous indulgence in sport and food was well chosen for April's splurge.

Completely unrelated to baseball, House Hunters International completely blew my mind today.  There's a good chance that I've seen nearly every episode, but today was the first time I ever witnessed a house hunt in Colombia.  This couple purchased a six bedroom "fixer upper" with crazy mountain views in the clouds...for a grand total of $30,000.  That's equivalent to an entry level annual salary for many American professions, but it's a six bedroom house in Colombia.  I should mention that this episode was in stark contrast to the prior hunt in the heart of Paris.  Her two bedroom "fixer upper" went for a cool $1.3 million.  Insanity.  Vacation home in Colombia?



Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER