Share/Bookmark

fencetop perch \04.17\

No comment yet
I've been photo op stalking this birdhouse for a couple of weeks now.  Something about it caught my attention as I made my way home from a grocery run one day.  Or maybe it was just that the weather became warm enough for me to pull my nose out of the collar of my coat and look up.  No matter how often I walked by it (pretty much daily), the timing just didn't seem right yet.  I pondered the angle and the lighting, thinking I needed to catch the 1:00pm sunlight.  Today, I accidentally found out that I wanted the 9:30am sun.  And without knowing it, I was waiting on the emergence of the blazing scarlet background provided by the Japanese maple.

I love all of the textural contrasts - the black gloss, the rough brick, soft foliage, angular roof lines, the split of azure sky down the center of the frame.  My efforts were worth it; I got what I wanted.  If birds invested in real estate, my exterior photo would totally sell this house. :)

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER