Share/Bookmark

mingling with tourists \04.24\

No comment yet
Although I have made my way as far south as the river, I haven't actually crossed into the Loop since my last day of work in January.  Until today.  It was strange and familiar at the same time.  After lunching with my lovely ladies, I had a pressing urge to do my daily walking in new environs.  Well, "new" inasmuch as I haven't walked there every day for the past two months.


It ended up in a small-scale, Forrest Gump-like endeavor.  The sunshine and moderate temperatures beckoned me to wander over to Millenium Park.  I love to sit in the middle of natural surroundings with the city as a backdrop; there's something about the juxtaposition that's beautiful to me.  Instead of catching the bus home when I reached the north end of the park, I figured I'd walk up Michigan Avenue until a bus caught me.  Then I let that bus pass, figuring I'd wait for one at the top of the Magnificent Mile.  But when I got to that point, I figured that I had already walked at least 2.5 miles...what was another two miles?  So I trekked home in my Pumas, taking photos and soaking up the sun.  I couldn't decide on just one photo today, so I narrowed it down to four.






Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER