Share/Bookmark

fire trance \04.21\

No comment yet
I found myself saying, "It has been a long time since..." many times this weekend.  To complete the phrase:

...I was out until 4:00am.
...I went out two nights in a row.
...I was at a bonfire.

Since there was no way that I was taking a shower when I got home at 4:30am, I woke up smelling the smoke in my hair and feeling its residual effects in my throat.  Oddly, though, it brought me back to adolescence, when nearly everyone's house had a fire pit and bonfires were regular occurrences in the summer and fall.  It's the small things that I sometimes miss about living in a more rural land.

I think a nap is going to be on today's agenda.  The kids across the alley don't seem to understand that I went to bed at 4:30am, so they were outside playing (loudly) by 9:00am.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER