Share/Bookmark

what a wonderful world \03.21\

No comment yet
I wish I could bottle the city as it looks, feels and smells today.  Then I'd have this little package of bliss to release on a bad day and remind me of how amazing the natural world can make me feel.  The going was a little rough when I first returned from Costa Rica.  I couldn't fathom why I should possibly exist in the drab, gray world when there was equatorial beauty sitting in wait for me.  This past week in Chicago reminded me why I haven't plotted a permanent escape from a world with changing seasons.  Witnessing the transition from dormant to blooming creates exponentially more awe and appreciation for me than an "always on" outdoor environment.

It's a veritable treat for my senses.  Color returns to the world; even the sky shifts from it's wintertime steel blue to a softer cerulean.  The sounds of birds chirping and leaves rustling in the breeze drift through my open windows.  The aromatics of spring flora waft through the air.  Sunlight and warmth wrap you in their long-awaited goodness.  And maybe it's just the increased levels of serotonin in my brain, but even food tastes better.  My mouth starts to water at the prospect of fresh fruit or grilled meat.

The inspiration coursing through me was so strong that I literally stopped in the middle of a sidewalk, perched on a curb, and put this all in writing.  One small, counterproductive side effect of all the splendor - it erodes my motivation to return to the status of gainfully employed.  It's difficult to conceive of locking myself back into labor when all of this is at my fingertips.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER