Share/Bookmark

on the edge \03.17\

No comment yet
On this particular Saturday in Chicago, there are generally two annual activities people partake in: watching the river get dyed green and drinking heavily from the morning hours and beyond.  I choose to forge my own path.  Instead of standing in hordes watching a river, I ran along the lakeshore.  Then I sunk into the comfort of my own couch to watch some more March Madness.  That's more my style of a March holiday.  Instead of spending half of a paycheck drinking green beer, I used a coupon and helped myself to some Jamba Juice.

So, maybe it makes me the minority, more like a resident of a retirement community than Chicago.  Luckily I have friends that share in this view of a relaxed Saturday sans drunken debauchery.  Since I do have a bit of Irish heritage, allow me to wish you a Happy excuse-to-get-wasted-regardless-of-ancestry day!  I would say that I had just as much fun as anyone in the bars, while I spent less than $5 and won't drag through Sunday sporting a hangover.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER