Share/Bookmark

splash of pink \03.09\

No comment yet
This is one of those days where the thing that caught my eye may leave you scratching your head.  This is, in fact, a piece of pink duct tape adhered to an asphalt walkway.  There's something about contrasts that makes me stop, contemplate and sometimes take a photo.

I would've opted to represent my day with its true highlight, watching Matt Nathanson swing his hips on stage.  Unfortunately, the couple making a sexual scene in front of me throughout the show served as a bit of a blockade.  Fortunately, I will be returning to the same venue on Sunday for a little musical love from Gavin DeGraw.  I'll working on securing a better vantage point for the purposes of more interesting photos.

It always feels like stepping into a different reality when I spend extended time in any city outside of Chicago.  Even though Grand Rapids is no stranger to me, I still get caught off-guard by how different the environment feels...the architecture, the pace, the social scene.  Perhaps my travel mentality just kicks in every time I leave my bubble now.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER