Share/Bookmark

daffodils & downward dog \03.27\

No comment yet
In a world with no income, you do what you have to do.  For me, that includes giving yoga a second chance.  To be fair, I didn't give it much of a real first chance; it was more like I skeptically tuned into OnDemand yoga workouts via my cable provider.  I found them mundane and generally ended up just lying on the floor for several minutes before pushing the stop button.  But, I'm intent on a healthy mind and body, so when I saw a free yoga class hosted locally...I had to give it a shot.

To be blatantly honest, I still didn't really like it.  My body doesn't have a natural inclination to move the way that yoga wants it to, and the holding poses thing still does not hold my attention.  I must admit, though, that I loved the last 5-10 minutes of class where you just lay on the mat, release the tension from your body, and sink into serenity.  Perhaps I'll give it another go, since it's free.  I do see how it can be good for my body; I'm just not sure I have the patience to keep at it until I get better.  What I really miss in my life is TurboKick.  Those classes have price tags above my means right now.

Even though the weather has been knocked down a notch or two, the earth still continues to bloom and the sun appears more often than it has since I set foot back in the U.S.  So, I'm pretty satisfied.  The itch for a purpose is starting to set in though...

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER