Share/Bookmark

fenced in \03.30\

No comment yet
After a brief hiatus, I traveled back in time again today...through my journals.  By this point, I'm up to the days after grad school and before employment.  I didn't realize until now that it feels a bit like history repeating itself.  My writing reflects the existence of so many of the same perplexities and worries in 2008 as I'm toiling through in the present day.  A natural sense of restlessness within a life without purpose is equally apparent.  I suppose I just feel lost without a mission.

My words weren't all gloom and doom though; they were surprisingly confident and hopeful.  I knew that I was ready to embark on a challenge and step out of my comfort zone.  I had just gone through a significant life change and gotten myself into fighting shape to take on something unknown.  Oddly, that's precisely how I'm feeling now, only the particularly life change was a whole different animal.

The thing that struck me the most, though, is that I realized during my job hunt over three years ago that I had no idea what I was passionate about.  I'm still trying to find out what I really want to do, instead of just taking on something that I can do.  To quote my 24 year old self:

"Sometimes I feel like I'm floundering because I'm trying to go in the wrong direction.  Maybe I'm trying to follow a heuristic to get to the next phase in my life when I should be taking the scenic route.  Maybe I'm trying too hard to be in the box, when what I really want is sitting outside the box."

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER