Share/Bookmark

a personal history \03.02\

No comment yet
In an attempt to learn more about myself, I thought I'd dig into the archives. I began documenting my life in fourth grade. The details were rather mundane to start (quiz scores and back to school shopping), and entries were few and far between. Things pick up considerably in middle school and continue to escalate. And to think I've only gotten as far as the first half of freshman year...

Some of the things I've read have surprised me, in good ways and bad. There are many details I had forgotten about my journey through adolescence. I can still recognize traces of the girl who wrote those words in my character today, but there are a vast number of areas where I can pinpoint major change. Although I've leafed through past pages of a journal before, it has always been the recent past. My journals have mainly served as a tool for the present, so this is an interesting and enlightening exercise.

Oh, the things you find time for when you don't have a job. By the way, that photo features all 16 of my journals...there are also some digital epistles floating around.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER