Share/Bookmark

park it for the night \03.31\

No comment yet
It was a typical Saturday night, which means that I donned my fleece pants and headed a bit north to watch a movie with my favorite Chicago duo.  Since the midwest is still in the midst of this obnoxious cold front, my outdoors time has been a little more limited the past few days.  The sun decided to make a last second appearance in the evening; so, despite the cold, it seemed like a good idea to skip the bus and stretch my legs.

Headphones on, I started the 2.2 mile journey and quickly shifted to analysis mode.  That's pretty standard when I walk.  Well, actually, it's pretty standard 24 hours a day.  My eyes kept shifting around to all of the different people roaming the sidewalks and patronizing the establishments that I was passing.  My mind was taking into consideration the vastly different ways that we all define our urban living style.

Although the majority of us could practically be considered neighbors, based on the proximity of our living quarters, the diversity with which we utilize our surroundings is astounding.  I don't recall feeling this sort of disparity in my more suburban past.  Maybe it has something to do with the less dense population and more scant variety of options out there.  In reality, though, I probably don't keep a much larger consideration set when it comes to urban shopping and dining than I did in suburbia.  Blame it on being a creature of habit, I suppose.  Maybe when I rejoin the ranks of being a paycheck recipient, I'll try to branch out.  Maybe.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER