Share/Bookmark

tunnel vision \03.12\

No comment yet

Trips to Michigan seem almost incomplete somehow without a trip to the lake.  I realize that this same lake exists a mere seven minute walk from my apartment in Chicago, but it's not nearly the same.  The water is murkier around here and the beach can easily evoke an overgrown frat party vibe.  The bias may also be heavily influenced by the fact that my childhood summers were largely spent on the shores of Lake Michigan, the shores located in Michigan.  Maybe it's the lighthouses and the sandy bluffs, or the lack of LSD traffic noise and feeling like someone is practically sitting on your towel with you...for some reason the tranquility only washes over me in the western Michigan portion of my favorite Great Lake.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER