Share/Bookmark

m&m & ocd \11.01\

No comment yet
Yes, I really did sort my packet of fun size M&Ms by color, then quantity, and flipped every other row with the branding facing down.  As a disclaimer, I would like to note that although I can be pretty anal retentive, this particular act was more about procrastination.

It's been one of those weeks where I can't remember the last time that I saw the sun.  Every morning has been an exercise in hitting the snooze button five times.  It's dark outside when I wake up, as far as I know it's gray outside all day, then I leave work and it's darkness again.  Ah, yes, tis the season for seasonal mood disorder.  Or seasonal affective disorder, if you prefer.  I think they just started calling it that to have an ironic acronym: SAD.

I've never had much love for November.  If it wasn't for Thanksgiving, I'd be willing to wipe it off the calendar completely.  There's something about the drab, gloomy, shortening days that makes me say, "No thank you".  I could even make do with the cold if I could just get some more sunshine and daylight hours.

People like to tell me that I should move south or to San Diego if I hate winter.  The problem with that is how much I love spring, summer and autumn in the Midwest (and I don't hate winter, per se).  Essentially, I just need to become a snowbird at a premature age.  November to March, you could find me in Costa Rica.  Then I'd head back just in time to see nature's spring awakening.  Sounds great in theory.

In the meantime, I'll work on different angles to counteract the sunlessness of my days.  One of the benefits of sunlight that you lose in winter is a higher level of serotonin.  Luckily regular workouts are known to increase serotonin, so I'm working on making it happen.  So far I've successfully made it to three yoga classes, in hopes of not only improving the condition of my spine, but keeping a mental balance.  Namaste.

Post a Comment

click on photos to enlarge & see text

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 see as i saw | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER